Gitsegukla Elementary school looking to fill the following vacancies for the remainder of the 2016-2017 Academic School year:
Primary Kindergarten-Grade 1 Classroom Teacher – Temporary until June 30, 2017
Gitsegukla Elementary School’s goal is that every student will reach their highest possible level of personal independence.
The successful candidate will possess.
- a valid BC Teaching Certificate
- 2+ years’ experience teaching Primary grades
- Proven success working with High Incident Special Needs children
- Promote high expectations and academic achievement for all students in a safe and nurturing environment
- Recent successful Primary classroom experience
- Knowledge and practice of ReadWell, and Saxon Math
- Knowledge and experience with DIBELS Assessment Benchmarking and progress monitoring
- Ability to incorporate innovative ideas and creativity in the classroom
- Differentiates curriculum expectations and teaching strategies to meet the needs of all students
- Ability to engage students in a positive learning environment
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures consistent with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- Has the experience and ability to infuse the Gitxsan culture / language into the curriculum an asset
- Experience and knowledge with special needs students and particularly those demonstrating language delay and behavioral needs.
- Flexibility to work on extra-curricular activities and personal performance skills
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and particularly those related to parent/community involvement
Salary: As per the CMSD Salary Grid for BC Certified Teachers.
Closing Date: Wednesday, May 10th 2017
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and supporting documents in one of the following ways:
- By email at email@example.com
- By fax at 604.685.8594
- Drop off at the Gitsegukla Band Office
All applications must comply with the Criminal Records Review Act. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.